Elmore will make sure that confidential information is treated sensitively and kept securely. We comply with the Data Protection Act (1998).
When we start working with people we ask you who you are happy for us to talk to about you. We will record this and review it with you regularly. You can change your mind about this at any time.
Elmore keeps client notes on a computer database that is protected with a password. Paper notes and information such as letters are kept locked away.
Sometimes Elmore will have to share information without your consent.
This will happen if:
- There is a risk of serious harm to yourself or others
- There are serious concerns about your mental health
- We have to disclose the information for legal reasons, such as a police investigation for a serious crime
- There are issues of child protection
- We are worried because have not seen you for longer than is usual
- We will tell you that we are going to share this information if we are able to.