Elmore Members’ Association (EMA)
Elmore is proud of its Elmore Members’ Association (EMA). This group is formed of current and ex-clients, and is co-facilitated by Elmore staff. It meets on a regular basis to talk about issues relevant for the organisation, but also to take part in activities. Meetings are split into 2 halves; the first half looks at business related matters and we value members’ time with an honorarium payment, while the second half focuses on therapeutic activities. The following statements about the EMA were written in consultation with members.
• The EMA allows the voices of clients to be heard, bringing their insights and enabling Elmore to improve the quality of the service it offers to clients
• Members of the EMA are involved in decision making, including around policy issues, communication, and recruitment (including sitting on interview panels)
• The EMA allows a space where clients can hold Elmore accountable to their needs, and ensure that there is a client focus at all levels of the organisation
• The EMA meetings are compassionate, friendly, and non-judgemental, and offer members the opportunity to build up their skills and confidence – such as accessing training and workshops
• There have been lots of positive achievements, such as fundraising opportunities from a cake sale and a sponsored walk
• The EMA helps clients and staff work together via co-operation and co-production